- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. of nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp of powdered protein
1. Beat the egg and mix in the remaining ingredients.
2. Put the formula in a small nursing bottle and place it in a bowl or cup of hot water. Let warm.
3. Check the temperature by testing the formula on the base of your wrist. If it is still too hot, wait until it turns cold. But if the formula is too cold, just continue soaking the small bottle in hot water.
4. Test again the formula before giving to the kitten.
- 10 oz. evaporated milk
- 1 raw egg yolk
- 1 cup whole fat yogurt
- 2 tbsps. of regular mayonnaise
- 3 oz. sterilized water (boiled water or baby water)
1. ?Put all the ingredients in a blender.
2. Mix until blended well.
3. Let it warm to kitten body temperature before feeding
4. The formula is ready to give to your kitten.
You can use this formula for seven days. But, it is not a good idea to reuse the formula that you’ve warmed. Dispose it off and use a new formula for every feed. You may have to make the hole quite bigger when using the bottles.?
- 1 can evaporated milk (regular size)
- 1/2 tsp. honey
- 1 equal size water
- 8 oz. container plain yogurt
- 1 strained jar baby food meat (e.g. veal, lamb, or chicken)
1. Mix all the ingredients.
2. Refrigerate up to three days and heat in the microwave.
This kitten formula may specifically be a good supplement for nursing large litters.
If you don’t have a small nursing bottle, you can make use of an eye dropper (make sure it is thoroughly clean). Slowly drip small drops of milk formula in the mouth of your kitten. You can use a small spoon or syringe without a needle, too, if none is available.
Homemade Kitten Formula without Yogurt
If you don’t have access to yogurt or the store is already closed, there are many homemade kitten formula recipes without yogurt you can try.
- 10-12 oz. of Pedialyte
- 12 oz. can of goat’s milk
- 1 tsp. of Karo syrup
- 2 tbsps. of mayonnaise
- 1 package Knox gelatin
- 2 jars of baby meat
1. Boil the Pedialyte and then add the gelatin. Dissolve.
2. ?Add other ingredients. Blend well until mixed.
3. The mayonnaise will elevate to the top and will clump, so this will be lump-filled.
This recipe makes lots of formula, so you can freeze it inside a pint container. Defroze it in the microwave and use for two or three feedings. Discard the leftover.
Found an orphaned baby bunny? This recipe could be of utmost help!
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup whole milk
- A few drops of liquid baby vitamins
- 1 tsp. sulfured molasses (do not use honey)
1. ??Stir all the ingredients.
2. When feeding, use a Q-tip. Add extra formula to the Q-tip using an eyedropper.
The Q-tip distribute the milk in a kind of seeping pattern like the doe’s nipple usually would.