Kittens are like Childs they sometimes they need immediate attention for their nourishment, don’t worry we got you. You can make easy homemade kitten formulas for your kitten at home in just minutes.
For more please visit kittenformulas.com
If a fluffy is abandoned or orphaned, it should be bottle fed immediately. Moreover, a cat may refuse to feed a kitten due to the number of reasons (illness, compulsive disorder, anxiety).
In such a case, you need to make a quick decision very fast and know how to feed a cat properly. The kitten’s future health depends on how quickly you start feeding it with the right formula. Investigating the best formula may take a plenty of time so I decided to collect the best recipes. All you have to do is to bookmark this page or print the recipes!
So it is of great importance to have a couple of formula recipes written down. That’s how you can prepare the food quickly and feed your baby cat in just 3-5 minutes (if you have all the ingredients ready ofcourse).
Also formula makes a great supplement to cat’s milk to make sure your kitten receives enough nutrients and vitamins.
Although the ingredients may vary, there are several key nutritional factors for a milk replacer.
For every 100 g of milk replacer fed, there should be:
- 79 g moisture
- 21 g dry matter
- 7.5 g crude protein
- 8.5 g fat
- 4 g lactose
So how to make a kitten formula that has the above mentioned nutrition facts? I have picked five best recipes for you.
Homemade Kitten Formula Recipe #1
- 1 quart whole goat’s milk
- ¼ teaspoon Knox unflavored gelatin
- 1 item egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon light Karo syrup
- 1 tablespoon nonfat plain yogurt goat’s milk preferred
- Take a saucepan and pour a goat’s milk into it. Now add gelatin in accordance with the table given above. Heat the mixture until all the ingredients are dissolved. Remove a saucepan from the stove. Add the remaining ingredients. Put it in the fridge.
You should take into account that the amount of gelatin varies depending on the age of your fluffy:
- Newborn to 1 week – 1 pkg of Knox
- 2nd week – 1 1/2 – 2 pkgs of Knox
- 3rd week – 2 1/2 – 3 pkgs of Knox
- 4th week – 4 pkgs of Knox
Homemade Kitten Formula Recipe #2
- 2 items egg yolk
- 8 ounces homogenized whole milk
- 1 drop liquid pediatric vitamins optional
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- The process of preparing the mixture is the same like in recipe #1. Don’t forget to mix it well and put it in the fridge. You can keep it up to 1 week. If the kitten is a newborn, try to use the formula as soon as possible. Always test the temperature of the formula for kittens on your arm.
As for the pediatric vitamins, you can add them after consulting with your vet.
Homemade Kitten Formula Recipe #3
- 1 can evaporated milk regular size
- 8 ounces container plain yogurt
- 1 strained jar baby food meat veal, lamb, or chicken
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 equal size water
- Mix all the ingredients properly and put a bottle in the fridge. You can warm up the formula in a bowl of hot water or a microwave. However, not all the recipes are good for heating in the microwave. You should consult your vet in this regard.
This mixture is perfect for feeding large litters because its ingredients are very nutritious. So keep it in mind if you have a lot of baby cats around you.
Homemade Kitten Formula Recipe #4
Kitten formula recipe that contains the corn syrup.
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 item egg yolk
- 1 drop liquid human pediatric vitamins optional
You can visit : Homemade kitten formulas
- Mix the milk and egg yolk, add 2 tablespoons of corn syrup. Seal the bottle tightly and put it in the fridge. You should take into account that you need to mix this formula with boiling water in 50/50 proportion.
If your vet is ok with adding some liquid human pediatric vitamins, you should mix only 1 drop of the substance in each meal. Don’t add more, because it may cause different allergies. So be careful with the recipe.